I went to Utah for the 24th of July to run a 10K, see my family, and go camping. the 20th was my parent's 31st anniversary and the 21st was Dana's birthday. The next day, my parents and I went to the Nephi Camper World with Carter, Ryan, and Anna. Michael and Dana (my brother and sister-in-law) got some free time. We went swimming 3 times in the time we were there. We colored and played games and had a wonderful time.
The 24th Dana and I got up early to be in Salt Lake to run in the Day's of 47 10K. After a rough start, we got going. Dana's friend picked up our packets and then accidentally left them at home so we split up the number badges and the race time chips. During the first mile, I thought it would never end. When we passed the first mile marker we saw that it had an inspirational message. After that I knew that I had something to look forward to and it made the other miles easier. By mile 4, I was tired but the race course entered the parade route. Hearing people cheer us on was helpful. Also, knowing that people were watching kept me going. I was good until the last 1/4 of a mile. I let Dana leave me in the dust while I struggled on. However, I was happy and suprised to learn that I finished quicker than I have ever run this distance. Because we started late and I did not have a chip, I am not sure of my exact time but it is estimated at 1 hr and 10 minutes. That is cutting 20 minutes off my usual time! Now it is time to train for the Half-Marathon in September!
1 comment:
Congratulations, Rache! I still think you're crazy for running, but I have to admit it's pretty impressive. And I'm glad you posted pictures of the kids - they're getting so big!
Post a Comment